A personal perpsective of life in our Virginia vineyard... Christine Wells Vrooman

)

8/03/2009

Let The Trials Begin!!

Could this be the beginning of a new era of organic viticulture in the East? Could this product be the key to new organic possibilities? It very well could happen, but then it also might be just much ado about nothing! Only time, proper application technique and perseverance will tell.

We mixed up the first batch of our secret weapon Sat afternoon. It was a bit like blending roux into the Thanksgiving turkey juices... had to have the proper amount of solid to liquid in the proper sized container for it all to blend smoothly with my hand-held Cuisinart emulsifier! Never thought I'd be using the thing out in the vineyard, but it did the trick. We poured the liquid into the power sprayer and Berto misted the designated vines, it seemingly covered them adequately. I will photograph and document applications and observations on my Excel spreadsheet, monitoring closely for any new signs of Black Rot on the sprayed vines. I, of course, hope I will not see nary a spot of rot!! Check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment